Monday, March 28, 2011

Warm & Fuzzy

I grew up in a family where you didn't hug, you weren't open and vocal with your feelings, no touchy feely type moments.  It took having kids to change that for me.  Kids are the best huggers and kissers.  They can turn anyone into an openly affectionate person. 
I've never had a problem with public displays of affection.....with my kids. In fact since I got sick Reid has made sure he gives my sore hands tons of kisses. He is even starting to work it,"Mommy if you read me this book I will kiss your sore hand" "I'll kiss your hand if you let me have a cookie". I swear I can feel the power of his kisses and all the love I am on the receiving end of.

Something new to me is hugs from other people. Neighbours, friends, coworkers. It's that truly comforting hug that gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. It's that squeeze on my shoulder and the words of concern that I hear from everyone that cares about me. As someone who used to be uncomfortable with these displays of affection, I find myself welcoming them, taking comfort in them and drawing strength from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment