Sunday, March 27, 2011

In My Corner

Friday I had my biweekly appointment with my family doctor. McKinley was at home sick so I brought her along with me. After patiently waiting for our appointment, McKinley let Dr. K check her over and then watched intently while he discussed my MS and what the plan was going to be. I was very disheartened when he told me that it wasn't a realistic goal to return to work April 11th. I know he could also tell how that news affected me. It was similar to receiving the news that I had MS. While I wasn't really surprised, it was still hard to hear. Dr. K was kind and told me that perhaps by May the symptoms will have subsided enough to start my return back to work.
The truth is he doesn't know. I'm going to have to be patient.

A good friend reminded me today that 7 years ago while Bob and I struggled to try and conceive I set a goal to be pregnant by my 30th birthday, May 29th. Just days before my birthday I found out I was pregnant with McKinley.
This year I am going to set a goal for my 37th birthday. I am going to be able to write, eat, cook, use scissors, snap my fingers, etc ALL with my right hand.

As we were driving home from the doctors appointment McKinley told me she wants to be a mommy and a doctor when she grows up. She said she wants to make people better and be nice to them like Dr. K is. Even she knew he was one of the good guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment