Friday, March 25, 2011

So good

Last night I was invited to a team supper with my work group.  I was nervous and felt awkward because I haven't been at work for so long and I'm still not 'normal' yet.  I was worried I would get upset or feel out of place.
I couldn't have been more wrong.  I did feel extremely tired from my late night out (9pm - party animal I know) but I also felt the comfort and familiarity of a group that I still feel a part of even though I have been absent for so long. 

I am scared thinking about what Monday and the injections will bring.  Im afraid what each morning will bring, but last night I was able to enjoy myself with some wonderful friends. I laughed and shared with the group, and at no time did I feel awkward. I still belong.  There is care, concern and support.

I love that despite all the bad things that happen there is still so much good.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment