Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Harsh Truths

The weather sucks.   Ironically my favorite quote is, "In the depths of the winter I knew that within me there lay an invincible summer" I know the depths of winter is a figure of speech, but both inside and outside I'm feeling the cold winter.  I'm ready for my invincible summer!

Today some truths are starting to hit home for me making that invincible summer seem a little farther away.
I have an incurable disease.  No matter how many times I inject these meds it will not bring a cure.  Having been told I have MS was a kick in the stomach.  Coming to terms with the realization that this can't be fixed is just another blow. 

I can't do what I used to do 2 years ago or even 2 months ago.  Im getting frustrated and impatient with the slow recovery from this attack.  And some days, this being one of those days, I fear that this is as good as it is going to get.  I want to wash dishes, I want to write with a pen in my hand, I want to braid McKinley's hair, I want to cook, I want to work.  And I don't want to have MS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment