Friday, March 18, 2011

Pretending

Over the past few days I have been noticing the symptoms of my MS attack subsiding. It is a blessing and a curse. As I lay in bed last night I made Bob promise me that he would make sure I didn't pretend like this never happened.
I can see how easy it would be to pretend I didn't have MS when this attack is completely gone and I am left with the old me. Don't get me wrong, I love the old me and I miss the old me. But I'm not the old me anymore and pretending wouldn't do me any good.

There is a new me. I can't live in denial and pretend that MS isn't a part of my life. It would be dangerous for me to pretend that I didn't have MS and entertain the thoughts of not needing injections of medications every other day for the sole purpose of slowing down the progression of this disease.

Thankfully I know those that love me will continue to be there and if there is a day I want to pretend they will tell me what I NEED to hear but maybe not what I want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment