Monday, March 28, 2011

Insomnia

This is a result of insomnia mixed with anxiety over my first injection of Betaseron tomorrow.
Some little known facts that are supposed to calm me a little:


The earlier in life MS occurs , the slower disability progresses.Individuals who are older than fifty when diagnosed are more likely to experience a chronic progressive course.

Those diagnosed before age 35 have the best prognosis. Females generally have beter prognosis than males.

Initial MS symptoms of visual loss or sensory problems such as numbness or tingling are markers for a relatively good prognosis but difficult walking and weakness are signs of poor outcome.



I'm right close to the magic number of 35, I would like to think of myself in the earlier part of my life. I'm female and my initial MS symptom was sensory problems such as numbness and tingling.

See, even in the midst of all this crap around me I can find something positive.

Hopefully this eases my mind and allows me to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment