Friday, March 11, 2011

Normalcy

I'm sitting in a rink between Tay's provincial ringette games, ipadding and sipping my tim's steeped tea feeling incredibly normal.
This morning I took my prescription to the pharmacy for the Betaseron and confirmed that a portion is in fact covered by Bob's insurance. Now I wait for the RN to teach me (or Bob) how to inject the meds every other day.
That is NOT normal in my life, but soon enough it will become my norm. It's a norm that I can accept if it means it helps me fight MS.

I've shared this with my two older kids and plan to tell the little ones a little bit more about Mommy's sore hand this weekend. I am also going to tell my Mom the truth about what I have kept a secret from her for the past 6 weeks. I'm sad for all the feelings she is going to feel, but I feel strong enough to be able to reassure her that I am fighting this and things will be ok.

Each time I tell someone my diagnosis and share my story it gets easier. It will become my normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment