Monday, March 7, 2011

Confirmation

As hard as it was to hear, I finally know. I have MS.
The MRI shows several lesions on various regions of the brain as well as lesions on the spinal cord.
I was right, but it feels like a hollow victory.

I was devastated. I walked out of the office and into my car only to collapse into a puddle. As I was crying I got a text from a close friend. She said,"Be strong...whatever the results you are the same person walking out of there as you were going in". I so needed that. Nothing has changed except I have confirmation, a name to what I am going to fight.

And I will fight, but for today I'm going recognize that I am sad and grieving and welcome the tears.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome the tears, we are crying with you. This isn't fair and it completely sucks, to say the least. You will find your place of strength. It takes time and some healing from the inital shock of it all.

    ReplyDelete