Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Human Nature

Last May I was reminded about the greatness of human kindness when a good friend of ours was diagnosed with leukemia and a benefit was put on for him. That night I was brought to tears and my heart filled with hope as I stood in the midst of a crowd brought together by love and support. I had a renewed hope in all things good.

Over the past few weeks I was reminded again about the goodness found in human nature. This is easily the hardest and most frightening thing I have faced. But I am not alone, the love and support I have gotten has made me speechless.
I have coworkers, who without hesitation have offered prayers, support and assistance. I have neighbors who have kept me distracted when I needed a distraction and watched the kids. I have 4 wonderful children that have freely given me much wanted love and kisses. I have an unbelievable boss who has supported me in ways I never could have imagined. I have friends near and far who have the uncanny ability to tell me not only what I want to hear but also what I need to hear. I have family that prays for me. I have a husband who has literally been holding my hand the whole way and has been working hard helping me with my fundraising for the MS walk. I am touched by the generosity of all these people to donate to my cause to end MS.

I have renewed hope in the kindness of human nature. That hope provides me strength.
Thank you seems so inadequate, but I am so so very thankful.
THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment