Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goals

"Goals are dreams with deadlines"

I love the concept of a bucket list, but I don't like the term, so I prefer to think of it as dreams with deadlines. I want to make a list of my dreams and put a deadline on them. 
I'm having a  hard time distinguishing between my goals and the things I took for granted but pray I can do again. 

Sure the bucket list is a great idea, it gives people something to work for, a goal.  But every time I think of something I want to put on that list it can't compare with the dream of holding a pen comfortably in my hand and seeing the neat rounded writing that comes from my favorite purple fine tipped pen.
I used to dream about going to New York, or vacationing on a cruise ship.  Now the dreams that top my list are drawing pictures and doing crafts with my children, participating and walking in the MS Walk for the next 20 years. 

I am going to work on that bucket list, I promise.  But for now I'm going to focus on getting back everything I lost.  Once that's done I can think about my other dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment