Saturday, April 30, 2011

Overwhelmed

Last night was a night filled with emotion.  It was the MS Rock Cabaret.  We were in a room surrounded by friends, family and strangers to raise money for a cause that has become so important to me.
I was overwhelmed with the good emotions.  I saw first hand what it means to be loved and be of significance to others.  My friends and family helped out so much last night to make the night a huge success.
I still remember less than 8 weeks ago when I was diagnosed with MS and even more recently decided to participate in the 2011 MS Walk I set my goal at $1,000.00.
I am beyond excited that we have shattered my initial goal and even surpassed the $10,000.00 goal that I set just to appease my husband.  Never did I think we would hit that mark.  Am I happy to be proven wrong.

Tomorrow morning is likely going to be another day filled with emotion, but I know I will not be alone.
Having been diagnosed with MS has been hard, but knowing I am not alone and being shown there is hope makes it a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment