Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fellow MS'er

I have been fortunate to meet two people diagnosed with MS recently.  Last night Bob had a work function where one of the women introduced herself to me and said she too was diagnosed with MS.  She had two attacks several years ago and has been doing great.
I am thrilled to hear  these kind of stories

The other MS patient I met was a few weeks ago through the MS Walk fundraising.  He is from my home town and we have quite a few similar friends.  He was diagnosed just days before me.  And not only does he have the same neurologist he has the same family doctor too.  Even our children share similarities.
These conversations have done alot to calm me and provide me with comfort and hope.  There are probably a lot of people with MS that dont LOOK like they have MS. In 10 years I want to be one of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment