Sunday, May 29, 2011

37 Years...Young

Perception is so strange.  I remember on my 30th birthday, just days after finding out I was pregnant with McKinley, I felt old.  30 was such a big number coming from my 20's.  In the past 7 years so much of my life has changed.  Changes for the good and for the bad.  This is my 2nd birthday without hearing my Dad say 'happy birthday'.  This is my 37th birthday with my Mom, my grandma and other loved ones. 
This is my first birthday with MS.  I probably had MS when I was 36, maybe even years before, but this year I know I have it. 
I have a new appreciation and perception on age.  37 doesn't seem so old anymore.  I wont mention my thoughts on 40, but for now 7 years after I thought 30 was old, I've come to appreciate the good things that come with age.  I have a wonderful family, terrific friends, great job, and a long and hopeful life yet.

Here's to a happy and healthy year!!

2 comments: