Monday, May 23, 2011

Road Trip

I was able to get in on a cancellation to the MS Clinic in Saskatoon.
I went with my MRI films and a list of questions in hopes of gaining more understanding and knowledge about my disease. Knowledge is power right?

It was a very good appointment.  I liked the doctor and the RN.  I have spoken to her over the phone several times so it was nice to put a face to the wonderful woman.   The Dr. also ordered a follow up MRI for me to check on the lesions.  I am anxious to see the outcome of that in a few months. 

Something else I didnt realize until after we had left.  The three times I have been to neurologist appointments I have been subjected to a bunch of tests to check my symptoms.  Bob has been there for all three of the appointments, observing each test.  After the appointment he told me that it was great to see the progress I have made in comparison to the other times. 

Another really pleasant surprise was the 2.5 hour drive there and back with Bob.  It was nice to talk about things that sometimes get lost in our busy lives. 
There was nothing but positives from this road trip.  We are also both really looking forward to our next road trip.  We are heading to Calgary June 1 for a little time away, visit with family and to participate in the Calgary MS Walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment