Monday, May 9, 2011

Show & Tell

Its been awhile since I've blogged and it's overdue.  I can feel all my thoughts and feelings building but haven't expressed them.  
I find just blogging and typing them out,seeing it in black and white makes things calmer for me.

This weekend was Mother's Day.  I had some wonderful moments and some hard ones too.  I choose to focus on the good.  Here is my good:
I watched my 6 year old daughter play her original composition piece at her piano recital.  And she nailed it! 
I had breakfast in bed from the kids.
I was spoiled with lots of wonderfully crafted homemade gifts from daycare and school.
I had a nice coffee visit with my soon to be 15 year old. 
I also had a great walk/bike ride with three of my kids to the playground, where I sat on the bench watching children that have grown up so fast right before my eyes.
The sweetest moment was my 17 year old that came for supper after work.  He bought and wrapped a gift.  He not only brought me a gift but he brought me a much needed hug too.  He loves me and he showed me that love.  He got it, it wasn't how much money you spent or how elaborate the gift was, it was that he took the time out of his life to think of me and love me.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment