Saturday, May 14, 2011

Getting Older

Nothing ages you quicker than having your children grow up.  My 2nd oldest child is 15 today.  I cannot believe that she is 15.
As a family tradition the birthday person gets to pick the place to go out and eat.  This year she picked Teppanyaki Restaurant.  I love that she chose that place based on a birthday memory from when she turned 8.  I took her and Austin there for her 8th birthday and it was their first sushi experience, plus they were able to enjoy watching the chef prepare the food on the grill right in front of us.  It was one of the first times we started this tradition of picking the special place.  I can still remember so much of that day and I love that she remembers too. 
Because of the sweet and thoughtful girl that she is, she wanted her younger brother and sister to enjoy the same experience and she wanted to share it with them. 

I am ever so excited to give her present. She has been asking about Keith Urban concert tickets and wanting to save up her money for them.  When the tickets went on sale it was while I was in the middle of my diagnosis and attack and being as sweet as she was she didn't make me feel bad when we didnt get the tickets.  What she doesnt know is that I did get them.  She i going to be beyond excited when she sees those tickets.

I only hope that she understands just how proud I am of what a wonderful young woman she is turning into and I am thankful every day for the special bond that we have.

Happy Birthday Tay!  I look forward to many wonderful years of expressing how much I love you and how proud I am of what you have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment