Wednesday, April 20, 2011

100%

Last night was my first 100% dose of betaseron.   The injection went better than I had expected.  The side effects were bad, but not as bad as last weeks increase to 75%. 
I feel a sense of accomplishment reaching the full dose of my medication.  This is the amount that my body needs to hopefully slow the progress of my disease. 
It is a positive because it means my body is getting used to the betaseron.  The two can coexist and I can still have a somewhat normal life. 
Today is filled with all sorts of reasons to celebrate.  Not only did I reach the 100% for my injections, I braided my daughters hair last night.  It wasn't quick or easy and didn't look as good as it used to, but I did it.  My fingers were able to manipulate those three sections of hair into a braid.  That means my body is that much closer to my 100% recovery.
I am hoping for a full recovery with no lingering effects from my attack.  If that doesn't happen then I will work with whatever my body can give me and make the best of it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing it was the prettiest braid you've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete