Friday, April 1, 2011

The Body

The Body is truly amazing.  As I slowly regain the feeling in my body I am amazed but the ability it has to 'fix' things.  MS has attacked my brain and spinal cord.  The MRI shows over 30 lesions in my brain alone.  It has stated the size of the lesions as up to 10 and 13mm. 

There is no denying that MS has done damage.  Between the black and white MRI consultation and the numbness in my right side it is easy to see what it has done to me.  The fact that it has taken away things from me scares me as I know that it is capable of a lot more than what I have experienced with my attack.  But just as I am amazed by all this disease has taken, I'm equally amazed by what my body is fighting to bring back.
 
I am fighting MS with my injections, my vitamins, exercise and diet, and  Im not alone.  My body, specifically my brain is fighting this as well.  It has somehow managed to take the damaged parts and find a way to reroute the signals so that I can feel again.  As my  sense of touch is slowly coming back and the tingling subsides I remain in awe that no matter how much I do to fight this disease, my body is strong and fighting just as hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment