Saturday, April 2, 2011

LOL

Laughter truly is the best medicine.  We went over to good friends of ours last night for a long overdue visit.  A lot has changed from years ago when we used to hang out.  We now both have kids, we have added responsibilities, we are older and I have MS.  But lots hasn't changed. 
We still easily laughed and talked.  It is nice to know that no matter what is going on in our lives that there are things that will always be a constant,something you can depend on.  This friendship is one of those things.

I love that there are more and more moments where that little voice inside me is quieted.  Its the voice that repeats over and over again " I have MS".  It is a good quiet, because it isn't a denial of the disease, merely me living my life regardless of knowing I have something that can not be cured.

I am a huge believer that positive thinking affects the outcome of your life.  Not only am I choosing the positive thinking, I am choosing the laughter and good times.  The moments where that little voice is barely a whisper and I am making wonderful memories with wonderful people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment