Monday, April 4, 2011

Small minded

I have recently figured out that not everyone shares my thoughts on good in this world. Luckily these small minded people are the minority. In my efforts to raise money to help find a cure for MS it has been brought to my attention the different reasons why some people do not give to charity's.
I am not ignorant and I know financially there are those who just cannot. I also know that others give to causes in different ways, volunteering on a board, donating of their time, or even doing their part by giving blood.
All of those actions warm my heart and it reaffirms there is still so much good in this world.

There are a few people who I have come across in my life that don't have the hope and positiveness and share the thought that by working together we can make a difference. They feel that unless they can give a substantial amount of money, there is no point in the charitable donation. Luckily there are hundreds of hopeful people that do not share that opinion and they give and help out, even in the smallest of ways. It is no different if one man donates $5000.00 or 50 men donate $100.00.
I am holding on to the hope that there are more people that feel every little bit helps. Besides MS there are so many other good causes, we cannot lose hope that each one of us holds the power to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment