Thursday, April 21, 2011

Good thoughts

I was at the pharmacy picking up my medication today and there was an elderly man in front of me at the counter.  He reminded me of my Dad....from the way he looked even to the way he spoke.
A few months ago I may have gotten upset and saddened by this similarity, but today I realize it is a good thought.
I miss my Dad and wish he was here to help me through this.  My Dad was always one of my biggest supporters.  I can still remember when I became a single Mom with two young children.  My Mom's first comment when I broke the news to her was that I have to fix this because I can't do this on my own.  My Dad, always the silent man of few words did not judge or make me feel bad.  But in his own 'Dad' way he taught me things.  And without realizing it he not only taught me how to maintain my home or change a flat tire, he taught me independence, self confidence and courage.
Those skills have come in handy the past few months and I want to say Thank you Dad!  And thank you to the man that reminded me of my Dad and all those good thoughts today.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes this simeltaneous journey we are on is eery. I swear, you speak for me so very often.

    ReplyDelete