Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Before it gets better

It has to get worse.   I've always wondered why that is?  Why is it sometimes things have to not only get bad, but REALLY bad before they get better?
I'm in the midst of the really bad right now, with the parathesia on the right side getting a little worse, and the horrible flu like symptoms that come in the middle of  injection nights.  I know the reason why it's bad, and I understand that my body has to get used to the injection of Betaseron.  The part that gets me through the 5 hours of sleeplessness when I am shivering and aching in bed is knowing that all of this is for a greater good.
The ideal outcome after all the symptoms of the injections have subsided and my body has regained the feeling I have lost would be for me not to suffer another attack.  Ever.
Like I said, that is the ideal, best case scenario.  Is it likely?  Who knows, but I am going to live like it is.  When there is hope all things seem possible. 
Sometimes I have dark moments in my day where I wonder if perhaps this is as good as the numbness is going to get.  What if this is all my body can do to repair the damage?  I try not to get ahead of myself.  I know I will cross that bridge if and when the time comes, but for now the bridge Im crossing is the worse before better, which means right on the other side of this bridge is better.  I just have to get across the bridge, and hopefully it isnt a hard and long trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment