Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Truth

My previous post I talked about how as an automatic response I tell so many "I'm good". 
Last night I realized that while it is ok to give this quick response to the coworkers and casual acquantainces it is not a good idea to give the same response to my family and close friends. 

There are things I need to voice and be able to relay to them so that they can fully understand.  There are times when I am tired, but the level of exhaustion I have affects my thinking and even makes me struggle with conversation.  The fatigue I feel also results in heavy tired arms and legs, increased tremors, parathesia and itching.  If I want these people to understand and support me I cant use the "I'm good" with them.
I fear in my attempts to get them to understand how as a person with MS, dealing with fatigue and the other symptoms that I am going to come across as an overly dramatic drama queen.

I have also recognized some of the emotions I feel because of my MS are not something I should be brushing off with the ones I care about.  I know the day of and day after my needle I am angry.  Normally I try to be a positive person but there are days I struggle.  I need to tell my loved ones (my husband especially since he bears the brunt of this anger) that it is the MS and not me and not them.  Sometimes I act out but I want them to know they are not the cause of these feelings but I need their patience and maybe a little space to work through this anger.

I am going to make a concious effort to choose my words carefully with those I care about.


No comments:

Post a Comment