Wednesday, October 17, 2012

In Good Times & In Bad

My Husband and I recently celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary.  9 years ago when we married I couldnt imagine us being any stronger, closer or more in love than we were.  I was wrong.

In the past few years we have certainly gone through some difficult and trying moments.  We had some hiccups with the blended family, parenting teens, moving to a new house, the death of my Dad, my MS diagnosis and the stressful months leading up to that.  I strongly believe that while our marraige has far more uncertainty that I ever thought it would, I am more certain than ever that we are stronger and more in love than we were 9 years ago.

The marriage vows "in good times and in bad' and "in sickness and in health" couldnt ring more true.  All the bad times and sickness we have weathered have brought us closer together. 

"The couples that are meant to be,
are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart
and come out even stronger."


As uncertain as our future is, I am certain that the love we have will outlast that uncertainty. 
We leave on a get away tonight.  I am looking forward to the trip and the wonderful memories we are going to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment