Monday, April 26, 2010

We can laugh

Me & Austin
Sometimes as ugly as things get between us we are a lot alike and we can laugh.
Nothing breaks the ice like laughter.  Last week while we were at the doctor's office waiting for his appointment he brought up one of my memorable moments as a parent. 
This moment is one that him and Tay love to remind me about.
I bet you're thinking its the McDonald's drive thru incident huh?  Well you're wrong...this one even trumps that.

When Austin and Tay were younger and it was just the three of us we were sitting around our table eating supper one evening.  We buy our milks in the big 4 litre plastic jugs.  There was what seemed like a little bit left in the bottom of the milk jug so I decided to do the lady like thing and drink it straight out of the jug.  Oh no, you have no idea where this is going. 
Of course the kids thought it was funny that their MOM was drinking out of the milk jug and they started laughing while I was drinking. 
Keep in mind this was the 4 litre jug and while it looks like there is only a teeny bit left in the jug it is actually quite a bit.  So, I swigged that milk back and because the kids were laughing at me and because I took a bigger than anticipated swig I had milk come out my nose.
Yes, my nose.  This is a moment that I am proud to say Austin and Tay will never forget.  They still to this day find it hilarious. 
Of course I try to deny it and tell them they are making it all up while laughing, but we all know and we use it when we need a laugh.

I'm glad I snorted milk....it is always something that no matter how ugly things are it can guarantee a laugh.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD! I am laughing my butt off thinking about you snorting milk while the kids look at you in total awe!!

    ReplyDelete