Saturday, April 17, 2010

39 Years

Today marks my parents 39th anniversary.  This should be a cause for celebration.  As a child growing up in their family I was not naive, they had their ups and downs, highs and lows.  I loved that I saw the good times and the bad so I grew up knowing that there were good times AND bad times and you still stuck together.
Sadly today is not a cause for celebration.  This is my parents first anniversary alone for my Mom.  I'm not even sure what one says to someone on their anniversary when their significant other is no longer there.

I read a quote recently that simply said.....“I will not love you for the rest of your life, but for the rest of my life.”  I guess while my Dad is gone the love is still there, the marriage is still there.  I believe my parents are tied together by the love they shared for the almost 39 years.  That love continues to be shared between this world and the next.  So, Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad.  I love you both and thank you for your example of a true marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment