Sunday, April 18, 2010

Brotherly love

Age knows no boundaries for brotherly love.  My two sons are 13 years apart.  Reid loves his older brother and wants to do everything that Austin does.  You can see that blind and total adoration in his eyes when he looks at his big brother.
A little while ago I got a glimpse of that same adoration in my 16 year old's eyes.
I went into my 16 year old son's bedroom the other morning to see that Reid had crawled into bed with Austin and proceeded to talk to him about monster trucks and hot wheels.  As a 16 year old, any conversation at 7:00am is not typically polite, but they were laying there foreheads together chatting away.  His eyes were opened just a crack in protest of the early morning 'alarm', but he was agreeing and nodding right along.

The early morning moments of two brothers together are now going to be few and far between.  I hope they can sustain.   No matter what happens with our family I want that brotherly love to last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment