Friday, December 21, 2012

We did a bad thing

The memories and thoughts of my Dad seem to come so easy this time of the year.  I find myself remembering special moments from years ago and more recent years.

There is a lady who does Christmas baking at work and she made cuban lunches and brought to share.  That was my Dad's favorite chocolate bar.  I remember being in checkout lines with my Dad where the cuban lunch chocolate bar was added to the groceries.  While they are no longer at the stores I can clearly remember the moments with my Dad.

Another fond memory I have is of the tradition my Mom had each Christmas of making Poppycock.  This was one of my Dad's favorites during the holidays.  Mom used to make a huge batch and then put it in the shed outside to keep it frozen until Christmas Eve. 
My Dad and I used to sneak to the shed and sample the poppycock.  We made several secret trips to the shed for the sampling without my Mom's knowledge.  We obviously didnt think this plan through as Christmas Eve came and when Mom popped the lid off the poppycock she saw exactly what we were up to.  She asked both of us what happened and  my Dad very simply said " we did a bad thing". 

Loving the memories and going to make a batch of poppycock in his honour this weekend.
I Love You Dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment