Monday, December 3, 2012

Making Memories


Bob and I are on our flight back from Las Vegas with our friends. I am excited to get back home to the kids, but again this holiday was such a wonderful time with so many memories. 

I think of the years before my MS. I didn't take the time to make the important memories. We had the opportunity and the means but the list of important things in our lives were different. 
Then my Dad died the year he turned 60. The death was unexpected by everyone, I'm sure that included my Dad. I had regrets and sadness because of the memories and moments I missed out on making with him. 
Then a few years later I was diagnosed with MS.   

Why does it take something like death or the diagnosis of an incurable disease for people to understand what is truly important and to live without regrets?
I don't want 10 years to pass and have regret for all the things I didn't do or the bucket list I didn't get to. 
I want to grow old and look back on the memories that made me smile, laugh and love. This was one of those memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment