Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's a Wonderful Life!

I woke up this morning with a burst of positive energy. I had a day off work today that wasn't because of the side effects from my needle.

I am smiling thinking about how wonderful it was sharing breakfast with the kids this morning. No rushing to get out the door, but enjoying the morning moments. After I dropped the kids off at school I heeded the advice of my friend and exercise instructor and took care of myself. I went to the gym.  No matter how busy life gets I have to take care of myself and the gym is one of the ways I can do that.

I am also getting caught up in the holiday excitement. Planning ways to make Saturday special for my Mom, wrapping presents, preparing care packages. I love listening to the kids sing Christmas carols and shaking their presents and trying to guess what's inside.

What's wonderful about this life is that my children don't care if my hand can't wrap a gift as nicely as it used to, or write their names on a gift tag. They don't care that I walk a little slower or leave some of the clutter in the house. They love the wonder and magic of Christmas and they are a perfect reminder that while Christmas is a wonderful time, every day is a gift and I plan to treasure each one.



No comments:

Post a Comment