Monday, December 17, 2012

Family



 Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. 




My family has been on my mind a lot lately. Another Christmas without my Dad is approaching. My Mom is moving into a nursing home. My oldest has gotten a job and has let us be more involved in his life.

I know if my Dad was here the transition to the nursing home would be easier for my Mom (and for me). I didn't realize the strength I drew from my Dad until he wasnt here anymore.  His quiet strength  and unconditional love is very much missed right now.

Saturday my family is going to Melville and taking Christmas to Mom in the hospital. I want to make it special for her. I want to show her how loved she is and maybe take a little of her sadness away if I can.

All 4 of my children will be there for our Christmas with Grandma and regardless of where we spend it, it will be with family and surrounded by love.  That is something wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment