Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year.....New Possibilities

Today is the first day of 2013. A clean slate for a new year.

I have resolutions for 2013 and as always I feel much more accountable when put it in my blog.

#1.  Make a Will
       This doesn't need much explaining. Considering my health is always in the back of my mind I feel guilt I have not been responsible and done up a Will for not only my peace of mind but my husband and family too. This summer my brother and I were faced with some difficult choices and thoughts when we almost lost my Mom.  After she had an advance directive drawn up with the social worker and discussed some hard topics with us.  I want to make sure these hard decisions are taken care of.

#2.  Run!
       Now that I'm not doing it anymore I realize how much I miss running and how good I felt when I was running. I know I felt better physically and emotionally when I ran and I want to get back to that.

#3.  Lose 30lbs
       I'm hoping if I break it down into smaller goals it will be easier to attain. 5lbs a month for 6 months. And with the exercise classes and hopefully the gradual increase in running that will be a goal I can achieve.

#4.  Spend 'quality' time with my family
       My Mom's failing health has reminded me of the regret I had after I lost my Dad. I don't want to have those same regrets with my Mom or anyone that I love. Mom seems so fragile and broken since she was put in the hospital I want so badly to make sure she has a happy life and knows every day how much she is loved.

#5.  Don't lose sight of what is truly important in life.
       Sometimes I let the important things in life slip away. I get caught up in making sure the house is just so, things are in order. I get in my head that I need to work a certain amount in order to feel worthwhile and that I am succeeding. I forget to say no when I am tired and pay for it later. I am going to try to focus on my health, my family and my friends.

Once I post this it's going to be out there.....a constant reminder of what my resolutions were for 2013. It can be a reference point for me to check back on when I forget any of these things.

The first day of a new year is a great time to make resolutions, but it is also a great time to reflect on the wonders that are present in your life right now. And today I am very aware and very grateful for all my good things.

Best of 2013 everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment