Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Today Body

Yesterday I returned to yoga after a very long break.  I was very anxious about the class as it is the day after my needle and I have a hard time even with the simple things after my needle.

It was like the yoga instructor knew my situation.  We spent the entire class working on recovery poses, she spoke of our 'today body' and how we will do what we can today with the body we have today.
It was exactly what I needed to hear.  My today body on Mondays is not the same body it is any other day of the week.  I am glad I was reminded that there is benefits when daoing what you can with what you have.

My needle on Sunday was the second worst needle to date for me.  I know this because the worst time I was brought to tears and contemplated going to the ER.  Sunday I was brought to tears again.  The word I would use for the pain I felt was excrutiating. 
As painful and extreme as the side effects were I woke up the next morning and with my 'today body' I did what I could.

Will there be a day where I say no more?  There may come a day, but for right now my today body will continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment