Friday, January 4, 2013

Home is...




Yesterday I moved me Mom into her interm placement nursing home.  I wanted to make the move as easy as possible for her.  What I forgot to think about was just how sad I was going to be about my Mom moving into a nursing home.  It hit me last night.  As cheerful and happy as the staff are, as welcoming as the residents are it is still a sad step in her life.  All these months my Mom has kept saying she is too young to be in  a nursing home.  At 63 that isn't what your life should be.  My Mom and Dad should be enjoying their golden years.

I am too young to have a Mom in a nursing home.  My kids are too young to have a grandma they can only visit in a nursing home.  I wanted more visits to our house....more Christmas mornings here, more weekend trips to visit with us.

I am angry and sad.  I am also scared.  Scared because she doesnt have that fight in her anymore.  I am also scared that these same feelings are what my own children will be going through in 25 years. 

I need to stay positive and have faith that my Mom will be safe.  I need to remember wherever she is there will be love.



No comments:

Post a Comment