Sunday, September 25, 2011

The dirty truth

This week marks 8 months since the beginning of my attack. I feel a shortness of breath when I think about certain facts I have read about MS attacks:

*Some relapses leave damage in their wake in the form of plaques or scar tissue, so that even though the inflammation is gone and the lesion is no longer active, you will never return to that “baseline.” One large study showed that 42% of exacerbations leave some degree of “residual impairment"

*One year after a flare-up, whatever symptoms you still have are likely to remain.


The clock is ticking....I have 4 more months to wage a war with my body against this disease.
I'm being selfish, but this is my first attack. I don't want any degree of residual impairment. I'm only 37 and had just ONE MS attack.

With this knowledge how can I not hold on to the hope that the CCSVI procedure will eliminate the residual impairment? Today that hope scares me more than the fear of the procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment