Friday, September 2, 2011

Do What You Think Is Right

Once again the little voice of my Dad was in my head. I had convinced myself that it was ok to skip my injection tonight. I had it all planned and was looking forward to a really good day tomorrow. And then I heard it. My Dad's voice. "do what you think is right".
It was always spoken softly without any judgement or tone. And he somehow had faith in me that even though he allowed me to make the decision that I would make the right one.

Well, apparently all of those teaching moments growing up where I was given the choice to 'do what I thought was right' actually paid off.

I got up out of my bed and injected my needle because I listened to the voice and I think I did the right thing. I'm hoping for a good day tomorrow because I did the right thing.

Thanks Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment