Friday, December 2, 2011

Packing

In two days Bob and I fly to California. Monday morning I will have the MRV to see if I have borrowing or blockages in my veins.
As the days get closer I am slowly filling my suitcase. Some of the essentials that are already included are my good luck charms that mean a great day to me.

The first thing I have included is the change that my Dad had in his pocket the day he passed away. This change has always been in the drawer beside my bed. I've taken it out and held it but I have never taken it with me. For this trip I am going to put this change in my pocket just like my Dad did. I want to use the thoughts of my Dad to bring me strength and comfort for when I need it the most.

I have also brought along a rock given to me by my manager. This was a gift from her in the beginning of my battle with MS. It was given in a card with some wonderful words of support. This rock normally sits in my drawer next to my Dads pocket change. I rub it for good luck and will be bringing it along. Not for the good luck but for the reminder than I am not alone and I have wonderful friends and family that are keeping my hope and faith alive and strong.

The other item I am bringing is a coin I received shortly after my Dad passed away. This coin has the phrase "If God brings you to it, He'll get you through it." etched on it. It sat on my keyboard at work and reminded me that as hard and difficult as some times may be I will get through them. In the beginning of my attack when I was off work, this thoughtful friend sent that coin home. That coin sits on my night stand and reminds me to have faith.

As scared as I am to go through with is, Bob and my charms are going to make it a little less scary when I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment