Monday, December 19, 2011

Best.Christmas.Ever

With only 5 sleeps until Christmas I find myself filled with Christmas spirit.

I really wanted to make Christmas about memories. I want to enjoy the moments with my family and make the most of what we have.
I am so excited to share all the good things this Christmas. And there's sooo much good.
I have 4 healthy children, a wonderful loving husband. I have a Mom and Grandma that I get to share long time Christmas Eve traditions with. I have family and friends to enjoy the holidays with as well.
I have so many things to be thankful for this Christmas and I just know this is going to be the best Christmas ever. I know this because I got my gift early. Since Saturday morning I have without a doubt experienced improvements from the CCSVI procedure. Shortly after the procedure I noticed an improvement in the bowel and bladder issues I have suffered with, but Saturday I couldn't deny it any longer. My hand has more feeling in it than I've felt since February. February!!! I have strength and coordination back. I felt a piece of hair in the palm of my right hand yesterday. That might not seem like anything special but for someone who has had hardly any sensation for months it was amazing. I find myself fascinated by the return of what I have lost for so long.

I didn't want to be selfish and ask for too much this Christmas but this is the best Christmas gift ever. So many people have contributed towards this gift.
Dr.Harris and the Synergy clinic have helped give me the best Christmas ever, but there are so many more people that have given towards this gift.
My coworkers that are doing a steak night fundraiser to help us with the expenses, the wonderful friends who have given us generation financial support as well as being some of the best cheerleaders in my corner.
The partners at Bob's firm who overwhelmed me with their financial support and caring. All of these people show me how the world is filled with so many good people and we are truly blessed to have so many of those wonderful people in our lives.
I also have to thank my family doctor. He is a quiet man but a truly compassionate and honest doctor who supports me.
Thank you's to my children for giving me the motivation and determination to do everything I can to fight my MS.
Of course my biggest thank you is to my husband. I could not have done this without him. He makes me stronger and braver.

My only regret is that I didn't schedule the procedure sooner.
My only fear is that it won't last.

For now I am going to focus on the best Christmas ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment