Tuesday, September 21, 2010

32 cents

I haven't shared this with anyone. In the nightstand drawer next to my pillow I have 1 quarter 1 nickel and 2 pennies. This is the change that was in my Dad's jeans the day he died. It is most likely that he held that money in his hands just hours before he passed away. I like to hold it in my hands. I think of the saying "penny for your thoughts" and try to think of some of the thoughts he had but never shared. I also think of all the thoughts and memories I have of him that I remember and share with my loved ones.

I have 4 coins,pocket change that to some people wouldn't mean much. To me it means so much more than 32cents

1 comment:

  1. Rhonda- Those are the sweetest 32 cents in the world. I would give more than any penny for your thoughts. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete