Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Anniversary

I am celebrating 7 years of wedded bliss today. 
I love everything about our anniversary.  I love the fall season - the orange and red leaves, the crisp morning air.  I love the memories of the wonderful day we had with our family and friends.  I love looking back at the pictures of when we 'officially' became a family.  Our marriage has evolved and grown over the past 7 years.  I remember over 10 years ago when I met Bob.  We were both much younger and weary about calling anything a 'relationship'.  We enjoyed spending time together and in the beginning didn't want to even think about getting serious.  As the months went on we realized that we both had the same sense of humour and values in life.  Before we knew it, we were a couple.  Certainly not something either of us had wanted when we started dating, but the heart wants what the heart wants right?

Our marriage has never oozed with romance, but thats because like the sense of humour and values, we also feel the same about the romance.  I love the random hugs and kisses for no reason.  We both aren't big fans of public displays of affection.  It isn't that we don't have those feelings we just choose to show it differently.

Our marriage, while still very important, has taken a back burner to raising our family.  We made the choice to raise 4 children.  That takes a lot of energy.  It also takes a lot of love.  We built our family with our 4 children from our marriage.  It was the strong foundation on which our family stands. 
Like my favorite saying that I have painted on my dining room wall....."Our family is a circle of strength and love". 
Today I am celebrating the beginning of that family 7 years ago, and appreciating how wonderful that marriage has been and still is.
I LOVE YOU BOB (this is a DPA, but I'll break the rules just once :) )

1 comment: