Sunday, September 12, 2010

Virtual Support

Fertility Clinic Doctor Sued

The above article was shared with me this morning by a dear friend.  I have known her for several years.  We met as a part of online group forum where women were struggling to conceive.  While she has moved on from the group, she has remained on my mind and in my heart.
She shared with me several months ago this story and it broke my heart.  I cannot even imagine what she and her husband have gone through and continue to go through.
I feel she is one of the strongest women that I have 'met'.  She is very well spoken and wise and I know she is going to make sure that this doctor is held accountable for his mistakes and that her story is heard.
What saddens me is that there are so many people in the world that are so narrow minded and ignorant.  This family has had a true injustice happen to them.  Never ONCE have they questioned their love of their beautiful daughter, but they want the doctor to accept the responsibility for his actions and ensure this never happens again.  There are issues medically and genetically that come into play when sperm donors are mixed up.
What makes this truly hard for me to imagine her going through is that there is even ONE person out there that directs such hurtful and completely baseless comments towards her.

I am happy to say that all of the family and friends I have shared her story with have been nothing but shocked by the doctors actions and lack of responsibility and empathetic towards my friend and her family.
As for the small group of people that throw comments with no merit or basis at my friend, I hope karma exists.
Until then I will continue to shower my love and support on this wonderful woman and her family and share this story with the rest of the world that supports her.

No comments:

Post a Comment