Monday, May 31, 2010

Dedication


In the week leading up to my birthday I had joked with my husband that he could make his big vocal debut on my birthday. His band played at a friends benefit concert on my birthday. My husband is a very talented guitarist, but has never taken the step to singer.
Here are the emails that were sent back and in the days before the concert:


HUSBAND: I feel bad that I'm not doing more for your birthday with the benefit night we arent really celebrating.
ME: No worries, you can just make your vocal debut and sing a song for me as a birthday gift.
HUSBAND: I can't sing the Big Sugar songs the way Gordie Johnson does so I won't even try to compete with him.
ME: You don't have to sing Big Sugar tunes, you can pick whatever you like
HUSBAND: Crazy Bitch
ME: are you referencing the Buck Cherry song?
HUSBAND: no comment.

LOL, I love the witty banter that goes back and forth between us. He keeps me laughing.
It get's even funnier though, on Saturday night at the benefit night my husband who rarely speaks up in a crowd bigger than 6 people did the unexpected. He stepped up to the mic between songs and wished me a happy birthday and dedicated the next song to me. Of course my mind races thinking "Oh my god he is going to start singing Crazy Bitch!". Luckily common sense with his band prevailed and they started singing "Sugar" (one of my favorites).
A little later in the evening another band that was on stage broke into the chorus of Crazy Bitch which brought a smile to my face.  Too bad that song wasn't around for our wedding....would have made a great wedding song don't you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment