Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Good, The Bad...

A few months ago my Mom for the first time in several years rode the bus from her town to our city.  I know she was nervous.  I know this because I was nervous waiting at the bus depot for her.  My Mom has MS and is in a wheel chair so I worried this would be too big a stress for her or that things wouldn't go smoothly.
When her bus arrived at the bus depot I waited until all the people cleared off the bus and I saw the employees lower my Mom in her lift.  She greeted me with a big smile.  That trip and the one returning her back home was a pleasant experience for both her and I.  So much that she has since done it two more times.
The week after that first trip I wrote an email to the bus company thanking them for the wonderful service.  From the security guard who was friendly and assisted with Mom's luggage to the bus driver who helped Mom on and off the bus.
I have to say I was taken a little off guard when I received not only a thank you email from the company, but a call from the CEO of the company.  He thanked me for taking the time to pass on our appreciation of the staff and service we received.
Why is it that when we don't get good service or get treated nicely we are the first to vocalize that, but when we receive exceptional service we are less likely to say something?
I am going to try to make a conscious effort to comment not only on the bad in my life but also the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment