Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another First

I had another first.  My first Father's Day without my Dad.  I had a father last Father's Day.  I remember wishing him a Happy Father's Day and sharing those memories with him.  I had no idea it would be the last one.  If I had only known.
This Father's Day I wanted to stay busy and focus on the kids and my wonderful husband who is a wonderful Father, but it was hard.  There were moments, like early this morning out at the lake sitting by myself thinking about all the Father's Day presents I made by hand for my Dad when I was little, all the whisker rubs I used to get from him. 

I remember having sympathy for friends who lost a parent, but until I joined that group I really couldn't comprehend how hard it was.

Today I am going to try to be happy and think about all the Father's Days I did share with him, but the overwhelming sadness of all the ones I will miss is making it hard.

I LOVE you Dad!  Probably more than you ever knew.
Happy Father's Day Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment