Friday, May 28, 2010

Perspective

I have been in a funk and trying to dig myself out.  I think if I can take a little time and think about the things that I am thankful for maybe that will brighten my somewhat negative attitude lately.

I love that Reid took a picture of Austin to daycare to hang on his locker to show 'his kids'.  Reid and his little buddies love to play 'Austin'.  This is a game where they take turns being Austin.  My heart almost burst out of my chest with love and pride when I think of this.

I am so terribly proud that my 16 year old, in the midst of all the turmoil we are dealing with has been nominated for an award at school.  He is a very talented young man in and has caught the attention of the teachers in  his drafting with his autocad designs and projects. 

I love the group of girls that I work with.  I am thankful that I have such a wonderful group of coworkers and such a terrific and understanding manager.  I think I am even more thankful for this because once upon a time I worked for the bitch boss.  I have gone through some very rough times with surgeries, the loss of my father and grandfather and I have gotten nothing but complete support and compassion from my manager and coworkers.  I am so touched by the thoughtfulness of others.

I am thankful for my healthy family.  On the eve of the benefit concert for a dear friend who is battling leukemia I realize that each day is a miracle and I have to be thankful for each and every single moment that I am given.

I truly appreciate my cleaning lady.  Walking into the house the afternoon that the cleaning lady has worked her magic makes me smile.  I feel this peace inside knowing that I can truly enjoy more of the weekend with my family because I dont have to stress about the chores. 

My FOAF friends.  By chance and many years ago I met a terrific group of women.  Over the years the 7 of us have become the best of friends.  Not a day goes by that I do not think of each of them and I can say with complete confidence that they do the same.  I am thankful for their wisdom, strength, support, compassion, laughter, and encouragement.  I would not be woman I am today had they no come into my lives.

I think it is so easy to give into the negative thoughts, but taking a few minutes to write down things that I am thankful for, that bring me happiness has changed that.  If I consciously choose to think about the good it is easy to change my perspective on things.  For now the funk has disappeared and I am left with some warm and fuzzy thoughts and a smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful that I have you as a friend and that I have your blog to help me keep perspective!

    ReplyDelete