Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vacation #1

The family of 6 vacation is over and we survived. 
It turned out good considering I was worried about how Bob and Austin would interact while in close quarters.
Bob was polite and when Austin's attitude was getting to him he would get some space.
I am proud that my husband didnt let another person's attitude get the better of him and ruin his vacation.

I am a little disappointed in Austin.  He did not have the best vacation.   He was very mean to his sister just for the sake of being mean.  He teased and annoyed even the little kids to the point of tears. 
We had to come home early because Bob had to work and Austin instantly called his Dad and wanted to go home to his xbox.  No "goodbye" "thanks for the vacation" "see you soon".  Just out the door and to his precious xbox. 
He is no longer living with us full time, but that doesn't mean that our family rules don't apply to him when he is with us.  He is still trying to push that and have everyone play by his rules.

The lessons learned:
Just when I think Bob doesnt listen to me he proves me wrong
Austin is better in small doses and while he is growing up he still has a way to go.
Dont sweat the small stuff and just enjoy the time with family despite the hicccups.
And the most important lesson:  My family is MY Family and I love them.

3 comments:

  1. Your family is wonderful- even though they don't always show the appreciation and love for each other. I'm so glad that you found the good in each person- that's what makes you such a great mom, wife, and person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Rhonda! Alex said it well!

    ReplyDelete