Friday, November 16, 2012

Reliving the Relapse

Tuesday will be my first full day back to work since my first MS attack almost two years ago.  These thoughts have that attack on my mind a lot lately.  Reliving those feelings I went through make me feel the fear and the uncertainty that I lived.  There is a positive in it though.  I feel I am better today, right now, compared to where I was nearly two years ago.

I can still walk, although slower and sometimes stumble I am still fortunate enough to have my mobility.
My fear back then was that each day the symptoms would get worse and I would lose more and more. 
While I havent regained all that first (and second attack) has taken away I am coping with my limitations.

What I find most surprising when I reread my blog from two years ago when I woke with the numb thumb is how quickly I can remember and experience all those feelings I was going through.  Reliving one of the most difficult times in my life makes me feel a sense of strength and accomplishment. 
I did it!  And here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment