Thursday, March 8, 2012

One year ago today.....

I sat in my family doctors office and he said what I had suspected but didn't have the confirmation to.
I remember feeling such genuine compassion and empathy from my doctor. I also remember walking out of the office all alone, holding my head up high, fighting back the tears and walking to my car.
I clearly remember crying so hard in my car. The shaking and sobs reminded me of wheni first heard of my Dads death. My body had gone from numb to immense sadness which I could no longer hold inside.
I sat in the parking lot of my children's daycare wanting to hold my babies but no able to go inside until I gathered myself. I got a text from a wonderful friend who has always supported and understood me. It said,
"Be strong...whatever the results you are the same person walking out of there as you were going in"
Those words are ones that I have used to draw strength and courage from over this past year. And the friend that gave me those words of wisdom I try to live by couldn't be a more accurate model of strength and courage.
This friend IS strong and she IS a fighter. She is also the same person as she was going in to each chemo treatment and each surgery. She IS MY FRIEND and I am so thankful for her.

Today I look back at that day one year ago, but I also don't dwell on it. I look ahead to my future and fulfilling my dreams and making memories with loved ones.


Today I am going to appreciate all the wonderful things I have had in my life this past year and BE HAPPY.

No comments:

Post a Comment