Monday, January 23, 2012

Deep Gratitide

 At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
Albert Schweitzer

Thank you is such a short and frequently used phrase. That's why I feel like it is completely inadequate to use when trying to express my gratitude and thanks to my friends at work.
This weekend I attended a steak night organized by those I work with. The steak night was to help off set the expenses of my recent CCSVI procedure.
I know all too well the work involved in steak nights, yet my coworkers, without hesitation, put all this time and energy into this night....for me.

How can a simple "thank you" convey the warmth I was filled with watching these people all together in one place to support me?
How can I explain to them the many times over the past year I  felt the light dim or go out but that their support gave me the spark I needed to light that flame from within?

I am filled with gratitude and appreciation for all the support I have received from this great group of friends.  They are directly responsible for helping light that flame and giving me that strength.
THANK YOU

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment