Monday, November 14, 2011

Thoughts that count

I picked out a card for a dear friend this weekend.  As I read this very fitting card I thought about some of my dearest friends I realized I need to share these words with more than one of my close friends.

For many months I have been selfish and very absorbed with what was going on with me, but recently I had some very dear friends open up and share some of their challenges.  While it breaks my heart that they are going through these hardships I realize that it isn't all about me.  Everyone is faced with hardships, but its when you share these hardships with those that love that things get easier.  I also realize that these girls are my true friends because they have the brutal and open honesty that I love.  They have unconditional support as only true friends can. 
It is very hard to put yourself out there, expose your faults, voice your fears.  Each time I have done that to these friends I have gotten nothing but love and support. 
This is the card I am sending to my friend, but I am also sharing the words with the rest of my FOAF friends so they know they are loved and not alone.

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Well, what if you didn't sign up for the extra strength training?
What if you'd rather catch a few breaks once in awhile?
 Is that so much to ask?
At some point, you'd think you'd be entitled to a free pass or two;
Skip this challenge.
Avoid that crisis.
Delete those problems.
It's not that you're not strong or that you don't have what it takes to get through this.
You are, you do and you will. 
But  you've built enough character already and it's time for things to lighten up a little.
I know it's not really my call,
but if I were in charge of life's wheel of fortune,
you'd get a free spin.
And  I'd be right there cheering you on!

Cheering loudly my lovely ladies.  I love you.



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU!!!! Thank you!! I am grateful for your friendship every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love you and all the girls! Together we will all overcome our obstacles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girls - we have literally crossed mountains together and will continue to hold eachother up through our individual struggles...how lucky are we?

    ReplyDelete